How to Build Your Luxury Home with Less Hassle
If you are planning to build a home anytime soon, you obviously want to make it as luxurious as possible. And if you’re going to take the plunge into building a luxurious house, it is worth making sure that you do it properly. That means getting it right from the outset by taking a serious look through many luxury house plans designed by architects online or even having one designed especially for you.
What is considered a luxury home?
While all homes should be a haven of comfort, primarily functioning as your personal base, a luxury homes offer that little bit extra. It doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be a spacious house with a vast yard, swimming pool, steam room, and a home gym—although most of us probably won’t mind having these. However, luxury could also mean a comfortable 2 to 3-storey townhouse in the city with everything that you need to make you feel truly at home.
We often hear about luxury house plans designed by architects for famous people—from film actors and rock stars to famous sports figures. These houses often take up huge areas of land, have upwards of 10 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, game rooms, wine cellars, home cinemas, and even outlandish features like turrets and moats to round it off. But the key point is this—your luxury home should be exactly what you want and need and not what the bandwagon dictates.
Your architect matters
Choosing the right architect is vital because your relationship can make the difference between success and failure. Here are some tips to having a beautiful relationship with your architect:
Always be as clear and as honest as possible with each other.
Set up a contract at the beginning of your relationship, stating exactly what is expected, including the final house plans, payment, and what happens during certain stages of the process. Also, try to stay in continual contact throughout the entire home building project.
Getting started on building your luxury home
The fact of the matter is building your dream home is a lot easier said than done. But as long as you know what you want and have budgeted for it, then there is no reason for the project not to move smoothly and a schedule. But do remember the following caveats:
• Know exactly what you want, such as how many bedrooms and bathrooms, the details of the living areas, what extras do you desire (swimming pool, steam room, wet room, home cinema, wine cellar, etc.)—the works. Consult with your partner and the rest of the family and ask yourselves which aspects are the most important and which are the least.
• You will need to buy a piece of land in the right location for you, which is the right size for your luxury home. You also need to check whether there are any restrictions on the type of home you can build on this piece of land.
• Get together with your architect and explain what you want. You can even show him plans acquired online to give him an idea of what you have in mind. You may even want to speak to the architect before you buy the property to ensure that your chosen house plan fits the lot.
• Once the architect has put together some designs, you can choose what you like the best. Feel free to ask for revisions, if you so desire.
• You can then decide whether you want to manage the project yourself or let the architect oversee it. Remember that you as the client will have the last say on decisions. However, it’s always worth listening to what your architect and contractor have to say as they have a lot more experience than you. After all, you are paying them for their expertise, so use it to your advantage to get your money’s worth.
Indeed, building a luxury home may seem like a gargantuan task, but it is really much easier than you might have previously thought. By working with the right people in the right way and choosing the right luxury house plan for you, you can cut down on potential problems during the building process. Who knows? You could be soaking in your luxurious bath before you know it!
More inReal Estate & Mortgage
Oprah is All-in for Revitalizing Arts in Puerto Rico with Her $2 Million Donation
Oprah Winfrey; the media mogul, philanthropist, book club connoisseur and global leader, has pledged $2 million to help in reviving cultural...April 27, 2021
Celebrity Parenting Hacks Revealed: Some of These are Just Brilliant – Part I
That parenting is tough work is not the best-kept secret especially in those awful early years when parents are sleep-deprived and wild-eyed every...April 27, 2021
Matthew Perry is Parting with His Quarantine Home on One of Malibu’s Most Prestigious Streets
Leaving by the beach is something that many people dream of. Well, ‘Friends’ actor Matthew Perry has lived that dream and...April 18, 2021
Looking Beyond Credit Card Interest Rates
Interest rates are the first and most important thing to consider when in the market for a credit card. After all, you...April 18, 2021
Mark Zuckerberg Launched New Instagram Feature that Rivals TikTok and He’s Already Making Bank Thanks to It
Social media platforms seem to go in and out of style quite fast these days. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg definitely knows...April 17, 2021
Jack Dorsey Has Fallen In Love With This San Francisco Neighborhood & We Really Can’t Blame Him
Billionaires like Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey can have their pick of the best places to live in the United States and...April 17, 2021
These Luxury Yachts are Nothing Like Any Ship You’ve Seen Before
There are certain new cruise ships with unique amenities, high technology design features as well as exciting itineraries that many will...April 17, 2021
What is the ‘Debt Snowflake Method’ and How Can It Help You Pay Off Your Loans?
Paying off debts can be really overwhelming sometimes – in case you feel this way, don’t worry, because you’re not alone. ...April 16, 2021
5 Signs of An Ideal Loan
How should the ideal lender and the ideal loan be like? Loyal and undemanding, distributing large amounts for a long period...April 16, 2021